Shabby Chic is a great style for the environmentalists in the world. Taking second hand furniture and giving it a new lease of life is advantageous on a number of fronts:
1. It saves serviceable goods ending up in landfill / recycled
2. It provides a new market for those community groups who collect and sell second hand furniture
3. It creates value for goods that might otherwise need seen as rubbish, thus promoting re-use
4. It gives rise to creative thought and processes
6. It allows people to create fashionable spaces cheaply, thus helping to remove the pressure to spend on expensive items
So all you ‘Shabby Chic’ers, keep up the great work.