There are many new and innovative ways of building homes. The choice is of course for the individual, but it may be worth having a look at some of the more interesting options and resources available to self-builders:
- this is a personal favourite as it encompasses the best standards of energy reduction, with natural materials and no / little mechanics to maintain.
- this is a favourite of tech heads as it is far from passive, but the results are impressive and consistent.
- this is an association that supports and promotes straw building in all its forms. A great starting point.
Association of Sustainable Building Products (ASBP)
- using the right materials in a new build is really important, so talking to the ASBP is really important.
Association for Environmental Conscious Building (AECB)
- A great bunch of people who are technically and practically savvy.
Good Homes Alliance
- For stock owners this is a really important club to be a member of.